A blog about our big adventure on our narrowboat 'Amarantine'

Thursday 2 September 2010

Ermm!! Naughty me!!

Hello everyone. I know I have been a naughty girl and not kept up with my blog. Well here is a quick run down.

After arriving at Torksey we motored on down to Lincoln, via Saxilby. Gave my mates and son a ring and basically had a weekend of get togethers, one too many (as usual) and some lovely food. Did a bit of dog walking and basking in the sun.

Then we went down to Boston to meet up with an old friend and wait for our mates to arrive on their boat. Unfortunately, the weather was not good so they came by car, poor them. We spent three nights in Boston, two nights it poured with rain, but eventually the sun came out, then we left to go back to Lincoln.

We moored once again at the Pyewipe Inn and celebrated my birthday early. We just stayed the one night and the next morning set off for home. I reckon it will take about two and half weeks.

It was my birthday on proper on Wednesday and the sun shined and shined it was gorgeous. We moored that night as a really beautiful spot had a few drinks, a nice dinner and collapsed, quite cream crackered!!!

Back through Torksey to Cromwell and onto the Trent and then the Soar, which is where we are now. We are moored at Ratcliffe lock, quite tired after a long cruise today. So an early night is probably in order.

We will be mosying back down through the canals now, which will be a change after all the enormous rivers and locks of recent weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment